AOL’s Games.com site was already a leading portal for some of the best causal games on the planet but with the growing popularity of social network games like FarmVille, Mafia Wars and Pet Society, the group could no longer ignore the growing audience. Blog.games.com quickly transformed from a purely informational blog about events and announcements from the Games.com team to a consumer favorite resource for discovering newly updated game options, new games, strategies for playing better and insider views from game creators. With two seasoned game journalists on the site and a team of pros willing to get deeper into the story, blog.games.com quickly changed from “little idea” to worthy competition for former leader, Inside Social Gaming.
Here’s a few choice pieces I wrote while at Games.com:
- Chinese ramp up social game monitoring
- Not Playing FarmVille group nearing two million
- Exclusive: Pogo’s Puck’s Peak hits new puzzle challenge heights
- Friendster bought by online gaming payment company
- Why is my GPS showing fruit in the road?
- Mafia Wars Bangkok entry pre-opening loot event opens
- Champions Online Is a Better Mafia Wars (with Superheroes!)
- Go To Hell! There’s an App for That
- Social Game Villes We’d Love To See
- AOL Games.com